Computer / Electronic Design Engineer Graduate
Starting Salary: £24,000 pa + pension + company vehicle
Freeland Scientific Ltd is a small but highly innovative company specialising in the design and manufacturing of electronic monitoring systems for waste and recycling industries.
Due to recent expansion, the company are looking for a computer science / electronics design graduate to join our small team based at our rural site in Bodiam, East Sussex.
Freeland Scientific supplies monitoring equipment worldwide within the waste and recycled product industries and have developed various monitoring products for use at composting and waste recycling sites. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a team that are committed to producing unique monitoring equipment within the waste industry. The role is highly varied and provides an opportunity for learning new skills, with an emphasis on the application of theory learnt at university to practical product development.
Brief Job Description
The successful candidate will be assisting in all aspects of the design of new products, and upgrading of existing products. This will include everything from PCB design / layout, mechanical design, and software development: including embedded microprocessor programming, database design, Windows-based applications, and web-based user interface projects. In addition to the design and testing, they would also be assisting with system assembly, servicing, repairs, and installations, as well as customer liaison and training.
A full drivers’ licence will be essential as you will have to be able to travel to customer sites throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will have:
- A computer science or electrical / electronic engineering degree
- Knowledge and/or experience of several of the following technologies / skills, with the ability and motivation to learn those not previously encountered:
- Relational database design, scripting, and maintenance (SQL Server)
- Software development within the .NET framework using the C# language
- Web / mobile application development
- Embedded microprocessor program development and testing using AVR / Arduino platforms
- Design of digital and analogue electronic circuits, using PCB design software to generate schematics and lay out PCBs for prototyping and production
- Hand soldering of PCBs – both surface mount and through-hole
- Assembly, testing, and calibration of electronic monitoring systems
- An innovative approach to problem solving and thinking out of the box
- A high degree of self-motivation as well as the ability to work and communicate as part of a team
- The ability to communicate with existing and potential customers
Please get in touch immediately if you are interested - we want to hear from you!
Tel. 01322 667076